- What is Propaganda and How to Debunk it?
- Decentralized Reporting as a Service (DRaaS)
- Fact Protocol is a Public Good, Here is Why
- What is Clickbait?
- Fact-checking the images in a Generative AI era
- Generative AI: Advantages, Limitations, and Challenges
- Fact-checking in Reputation Management
- Importance of Fact-checking in Academic Research
- Sustainability in Fact-checking
- Advantages: Web3 in Fact-checking
- Web3: A Decentralized Web
- How to Fact-check: 5 effective ways
- Blockchain technology as a tool to combat Fake News
- What is Decentralized Fact-checking?
- What is Media Literacy and why is it important?
- Difference: Fact-checking and Investigative Journalism
- Difference: Misinformation, Disinformation, and Malinformation
- What is Fact-checking?
- What is Disinformation?
- What is Fake News and Misinformation?
- The state of fake news and misinformation 2022
- Should social media platforms penalize users who spread misinformation?
- News consumers in the US found that 38.2 percent had unknowingly shared fake news
- Trust in various US-based news media organizations in 2022
- Quiz Edition NFT FPID-042022-1
- Gusture Is Joining Fact Protocol Ecosystem To Launch Decentralized Fact-Checker
We are leveraging blockchain technology to empower Fact-checkers in combating fake news
Native Web3 Fact-checker
Fact protocol is a decentralized and scalable Web3 fact-checking enabler that uses its native fact-checking applications to mitigate the fake news problem.
The protocol uses 2-factor to validate news and its facts. The first factor uses News Registrars (NRs) and the second factor uses News Validators (NVs) to re-verify the facts and authenticate the citations/references attached by NRs.
Through governance vote, rules are formed and decisions are enforced within the Protocol. The White Paper has further details on the protocol flow.
All facts registered on the protocol are recorded on the Blockchain.
News/Facts are first registered by a registrar
which is then validated by a validator to
increase the trustworthiness of information.
Facts are verifiable on Blockchain from the Fact-checker platform interface.
Fact-checked on Block Quest
The fact-check feed below is retrieved from Block Quest, a dedicated platform for fact-checked web3/blockchain news and content. Powered by Fact Protocol.
Open-sourced. Secure (SSL enabled).
Fact in News / Media
Fact Protocol shares the Content Authenticity Initiative’s (CAI) mission to combat mis/disinformation by empowering consumers with the tools they need to determine the veracity of what they are seeing online.
Santiago Lyon, Head of Advocacy & Education, CAI by Adobe
The founders argue the advantages of a decentralized network also extend to preventing the concentration of power, keeping the validation process democratic, eliminating bias, and ensuring full transparency.
Mohith Agadi, Co-founder of Fact Protocol told The Decrypting Story
Ecosystem: Partnerships / Integrations
The Fact Protocol ecosystem is growing with native dApps, cross-chain integrations, and industry partnerships. The goal is to create open-access platforms for fact-checkers & journalists and achieve decentralization, privacy layer, and censorship resistance.
The idea and concept
March 2021 – the idea of the project is born and proof of concept (PoC) is created.
R&D is commissioned
April 2021 – R&D is commissioned and protocol design initiated.
Web3 Platforms & Tools
Q4 2022 – We will start beta launching fact-checking platforms and a suite of web3 tools and dApps to support fact-checkers and information volunteers/users globally.
Q4 2022 – launch of fact-checking platforms in private beta and integration with blockchain. The fact registration on blockchain will go live with community partners in Q1 2023.
FACT Native Token
Q1 2023 – Fact Protocol’s native token $FACT generation. Test the token with web3 wallets such as MetaMask, Trust, and Coinbase Wallet.
Fact Foundation & Fact DAO
Q1 2023 – Creation of Fact Foundation & Fact DAO to over-see Fact Protocol’s activities and support its growth. Appoint a board of advisors to administer the DAO and establish decentralized governance.
A team of web3 enthusiasts and fact-checking professionals working daily to make the world a better place. We are building a decentralized protocol that is resistant to censorship to combat fake news, misinformation, and disinformation.
World’s first decentralized fact-checking platforms with incentivization mechanics. Powered by blockchain/web3 technology and globally distributed communities.
Interested in Fact-checking?
We have compiled a collection of educational resources for journalists, students, and fact-checkers.
Web3 Verifiability Layer – Phase 1
The Fact Protocol is a decentralized and scalable fact-checking system that powers a suite of tools, also known as dApps in Web3 terms, that combats Fake News/Misinformation/Disinformation using native fact-checking applications, open APIs, and community contributions. As stated in the Proof-of-Concept, the protocol employs a two-factor verification (2FA) approach to ensure that fact-checks are verified unbiasedly.
With a community-driven and incentive approach, the Fact Protocol aims to scale across all categories and geographies. Together, we can prevent misinformation from spreading and save societies from becoming victims. The protocol’s rules are formed and/or amended on an as-required basis by governance vote.
The Fact Protocol — a governance and incentive protocol – is further explained in the White Paper (accessible via the main navigation).